Monday, March 1, 2010

Whole Wheat - Banana Bread

I made banana bread with the whole wheat starter I have.. definitly the best with that starter - I did put cinnamon brown sugar on it this time - (there is another post with the recipe alterations for this - I did use brown sugar this time and ground oats for some of the flour) - the topping added a LOT :)

I also added nuts.. OK this is what I did because as I write this I realize I altered a lot :)

Full whole wheat starter - basic recipe minus oil (used trader joes cinnamon applesauce (1 cup)) Egg substitute (which I'm now using all the time), no pudding mix, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup rolled oats ground in the food processor (I also tossed in some flax seed (which I didn't ground enough)) - about a half cup of walnuts (which I also did not break / grind enough)). 3 medium mashed bananas. Used about 1/3 cup of brown sugar (and no white sugar other then original feed)

It makes a dense bread.. but a good morning bread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment