Monday, March 1, 2010

Cherry Cheesecake Bread

Ok - I think this may be one of my best recipes yet!!

I took a standard amish starter (White flour) - I followed the recipe, except:
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce for 1/2 cup oil (then used 1/2 cup oil as well)
2 small boxes of SUGAR FREE cheesecake pudding mix (instead of large box of vanilla)
roughly 1/2 cup of reduced fat cream cheese
Roughly 1/3 cup of white sugar (instead of the 1 cup recipe says)
about 3/4 cup of cherries (Which I didn't cut as much as I should have - fresh)
I ended up adding milk.. maybe 1/3 - 1/2 cup more then it called for - I skipped the cinnamon

The key to this bread was using the beaters and under baking it a little (about 50 minutes instead of 60) AND THEN REFRIGERATE - we had some after it cooled and then some more the next morning (after beeing in the fridge overnight) OMG sooo good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment