Monday, March 22, 2010

Kate's Muffins

So.. searching the internet for inspiration I came across this website / recipe: http://www.gardenwife.com/healthy-oat-bran-muffins-made-with-amish-friendship-bread-starter/comment-page-1#comment-177865

These are the BEST muffins. Kate (18 month old niece) LOVES them :) And when I'm using all organic ingredients, no sugar and no added fat.. well LET HER EAT THEM! I use all whole wheat - the last batch I exchanged one cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of oats (upping the oats and hopefully lightening the muffins) and I added whole rasberries (defrosted frozen ones) to the batter - I have yet to have one (Tomorrow morning!) But mom says they are keepers!

These are now staples in the house and will be what I make with my whole wheat until we are sick of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment