Saturday, February 20, 2010

Low Sugar Chocolate Bread

Wednesday was baking day, and I had two breads to make! 1 from the regular amish starter and 1 from a whole wheat amish starter.

Since a friend wanted her own basic starter I made a small loaf with that batch and I'd been craving chocolate so I decided to try a "healthy" chocolate bread :)

I got sugar free pudding mix (chocolate fudge) - I used applesauce instead of oil - I then used Agave Syrup for the sugar (I used a little under half of what it called for) - I did add a few chocolate chips and a some pecans...

After fudging with the milk a little I was a little worried, the "dough" was awful thick for what I was used to, but I decided to try it.

After baking and cutting into it (HOT) I found pockets of green, I think it was the agave mixing with the nuts, but .. either way.. though a little odd, it tasted GOOD and was a good substitute for the chocolate cake I was craving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment